The Q Way
Quest Teen Leadership, is a training that supports and encourages participants to become leaders in
their personal lives. Concepts and skills presented in the trainings include, but are not limited to:
- listening generously
- creating win/win situations
- knowing what it means to be empathetic
- letting go of the past
- learning why we make the choices that we do
- having a set of guidelines to refer to when making choices
…this is what we refer to as The Q Way.
Leaders in our world are not necessarily those with high IQ’s, according to psychologist, Daniel Goleman, author of Emotional Intelligence. Emotional Intelligence addresses our responses to everyday social interactions and challenges.
- Knowing one's emotions - self awareness
- Managing emotions - handling feelings so they are appropriate
- Motivating oneself - marshalling emotions, delaying gratification
- Recognizing emotions in others - empathy, the fundamental people skill
- Handling relationships - what undergirds social success and leadership
Unlike IQ, emotional intelligence can be learned and enhanced. More importantly,
success and leadership in today's world demand emotional intelligence, which according to the author is at least twice as important as cognitive abilities, i.e. such as IQ or technical expertise.